My new camera needed a little work with a black electrical tape : I fixed the lens, shutter and lens board all together and to the camera, as they were loose, there was a light leakage in the bellow and its corners were threadbare, so I fixed them in advance too.
Although my release cable is damaged and I'm waiting for a new one, I managed, finally(!), to do some test shots.305mm ilex paragon f6.3, 20s
black glass ambrotype, 8x10, 305mm ilex paragon f6.3, 35s
My dark box became a bit tighter and generally it is a bit more difficult to work with a plate which doesn't fit the hand, but for example the developing process is much nicer - the appearing image is so well visible! It is a big pleasure to watch it. I love the process even more now and think
8x10 is quite a decent size photograph that should satisfy me for a while :))